Saturday, June 30, 2012

1st Taekwondo Tournament


Going in with Paka...

They had an Aikido demonstration that all the kids loved...



Lining up in preparation for tournament...

Uncle J giving a last minute pep talk...





I have no idea how Audrey keeps her balance with her kicks. Cross training with dance class must be working :)










Being scrored. Mrs. Kelsey (their teacher) said everyone got a trophy so I thought the scoring was just for fun. I did not realize they were actually competing for places.



Mrs. Kelsey telling me to relax when I realized that Aiden and Declan had tied for second and would have to compete against each other. I felt so torn being a mom and being an aunt. I didn't want either of them to lose. If they stick with this it is only going to get harder when they actually have to fight each other.






So the older kid from another school got 1st, Declan 2nd, and Aiden and Audrey got 3rd. The tournament was on Declan's actual birthday so his first ever trophy also has his birthdate on it, very cool.








Mrs. Kelsey stepped away from judging to get a pick with her youngest students at tournament. She told us later at practice that the judges complimented her on how well behaved her young students were




They were presented at class...


All their teachers except Mr. Kelsey...

No comments:

Post a Comment